Earrings are, quite possibly, the perfect accessories.
Whatever your mood, style, job, outfit or budget, there are earrings out there that make you happy the moment you put them on. We remember the earrings we wore on first dates and on special occasions and, let’s be honest, we can always find an excuse to treat ourselves to a new pair! When it comes to your wedding earrings, the stakes are a little higher but don’t worry, we’re here today with our ten top tips to help you choose the perfect pair…
1. Comfort is everything. Now that might not sound very exciting but trust us when we tell you that you need your wedding earrings to be comfortable. You’ll be wearing them all day so you need them to be beautiful AND practical. If you don’t often wear long drop earrings for example, it might be a good idea to try wearing a cheaper, similarly sized pair for a few days to be sure you get on with them before opting for those extravagant crystal chandelier earrings for your big day.
2. Take into account other accessories or details on your wedding dress when you’re choosing your earrings. If your dress features pearl or crystal embellishments, you might like to opt for earrings that coordinate.
3. Don’t forget that all of your wedding accessories, when worn together, should be balanced. So, if you want to wear a glamorous pair of statement earrings, don’t rush to wear lots of other accessories. On the other hand, subtle wedding earrings are great if you’re wearing lots of other pieces
4. Your hairstyle will also have an impact on your earring choice. Statement earrings work brilliantly with an updo or, for a classically elegant look, choose a pair of studs or small droplet earrings. If you’re wearing your hair down, long statement earrings that sparkle through your tumbling tresses are a top choice or go for stylish studs if you’re wearing a bold necklace.
5. Before choosing your own earrings, decide if you’d like your bridesmaids or Maid of Honour to be able to wear earrings that coordinate with yours. Lots of the designers that we feature on Liberty in Love provide similar styles in different designs so you can all have a similar look without matching completely.
6. Think about fittings and again, go for earrings that you know are going to be comfortable but also secure. We showcase designs with a variety of fittings including post & back, hook or leverbacks so it’s up to you what style you prefer.
7. Always try on your earrings with your headpiece and/or veil to make sure everything works together. In fact, we’d always recommend trying your whole outfit on before the big day so that you know you’re totally happy with your look and you know how long it will take you to get ready.
8. Lots of Liberty in Love real brides change their jewellery for their evening reception and this is a great idea, particularly if you love the thought of wearing dramatic drop earrings but would prefer something more comfortable or simple for your ceremony. The perfect time to change your look is right before you hit the dancefloor!
9.If you’re wearing your hair up, think about back of your wedding earrings because they’ll certainly be seen. Some brides prefer delicate hooks whilst others like post and back designs, especially if they’re worried about their earrings snagging in their veil. We’re very happy to help if you need a little advice so don’t be afraid to get in touch.
10. Definitely wear your earrings after the big day! Your wedding earrings are going to be forever special so don’t keep them hidden in your jewellery box. Wear them as often as you like and enjoy your wedding earrings for years to come.